There was so much awesome about this city this year. In no particular order really, here's 61 of them (we had to cut if off somewhere)...
1. Peterborough Lakers winning the Mann Cup. Best in Canada baby!
2. Red Pashminas, which empower women locally and globally.
3. Trent's LipDub video, a great showcase for the university.
5. Bandwagon episodes. Now in its 2nd season, which launched with Sloan.
6. Wild Rock celebrating 20 years in the downtown. And making the decision to stay in the downtown when they could have moved.
7. PMZ, Peterborough's TMZ celebrating local "celebrities".
8. I'd Rather Be In Peterborough tees. Community spirit.
9. Spanky's annual ping pong tourney for Movember. Spanky's offering a place to play ping pong in town.
10. The city rallying behind a teenager's right to play basketball on his own driveway.
12. The new downtown nightclub ARIA, which rivals Toronto's finest.
13. St. Peter's high school students dressing as superheroes during Head of the Trent regatta.
14. Peterborough Cycling Summit. Bike this city. Let's make it as bike friendly as possible.
16. The Peterborough Calendar Girls naked truth campaign raising awareness about the affordable housing shortage here.
17. Breakfast Television broadcasting live from Peterborough. Great coup for our city.
18. Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher at Gerti's. (We don't believe they had the polo sandwich, but it's excellent.)
20. Final photo of PCVS students and staff together. This city will never forget the impact this school had, and its legacy.
21. A canoe portage in downtown Peterborough.
22. The Taste of Downtown. So much great food down there. And great folk.
23. The Dragon Boat festival.
24. The Hootenanny on Hunter. It's a hoot.
25. The Gilmour Street Garage Sale. Epic as always.
26. Hunter Street, one of the best streets anywhere for food, drink, shops, live music, theatre, festivals, hot dogs, great vibe.
27. Maryam's Monsef's story about how a city and school saved her life.
28. Peterborough dog pictures.
29. Rick Mercer's Rant on PCVS.
31. Noah Leslie—aka @pennyboynoah, who raises money for the Salvation Army Toy Drive each year.
32. Pete Dalliday's unbelievable shot. Believe it.
33. Someone canoeing on a Peterborough street. Canoe Peterborough.
36. Mike Watt's how-to plaid video. Hilarious.
37. Creative Cocktails—here's the one from Market Hall.
38. Jonny Trash DJing at Spanky's. Best DJ around.
39. The Peterborough web series Grimwell.
40. Petes Insider, giving us the inside goods on the Petes organization.
42. Electric City Live, which covers the local music scene in Peterborough. Great name, great site.
43. The Art School of Peterborough. Creativity. Imagination.
44. Mike Judson, who went homeless on the streets of Peterborough for 48 hours to raise awareness about the problem here.
45. Peterborough Police for serving and protecting this community, and embracing social media by joining Twitter this year.
47. Downtown Peterborough. Embrace it. Vital. Make it sustainable. Build a city from its core.
48. Silver Bean Café, beauty spot on the river.
49. Our friends at The Wolf and Kruz FM, huge supporters of Peterborough and us. And the always smiling Carol Edwards there, who lets us in through the out door.
50. Three Loonies, for Kawartha Food Share.
51. The return of the Wire Awards. Special night at Market Hall putting spotlight on amazing music scene in Peterborough—one of the best anywhere in Canada.
52. Gallery in the truck. A moving gallery. Great concept. Love it.
56. Lois Tuffin, the news diva of Peterborough and the Kawarthas. Never shy about expressing her opinion.
57. Fleming's Student Volunteering Club, students with a sense of community pride.
58. Funny hashtags. E.g. 6,000 people went without power for a couple hours, and #ptboblackout began trending on Twitter in Peterborough. Sample tweet: "I wonder how many babies will be conceived during this blackout #ptboblackout"
59. John Leacy's mural art around town. Gabby's wall, Spanky's wall and more.
60. Natas Cafe, the epicentre for Peterborough's amazing people.
Here's to a great 2013!