COLUMN 7 TOPIC: Being Single During Holiday Season
Are you single this holiday season? Being single around the holiday season can put pressure on some people. It's important to reconnect with your family and friends and create a wonderful holiday season for yourself.
Here are 10 great things to keep you busy around the holidays:
1. Are you someone that loves music? Contact the Red Dog, the Black Horse and the Dobro to see what musical talent they will be having.
2. If live theater is your thing, check out Market Hall and Showplace to see what type of shows they have on the stage.
3. Consider going on a short weekend getaway, such as maybe renting a cottage at Viamede for a few days or spending a few days in Ottawa.
4. Enjoy some fun winter activities—try skiing, snowboarding or maybe even snowshoeing.
5. Consider doing a wine tasting in Prince Edward County.
6. Start thinking about some goals for yourself in 2014. Work on a new
vision board figuring out what you like to create for yourself in the
7. Sign up for some art classes or cooking classes.
8. Volunteer at a local food bank; giving back to your community is a
great way to make you feel good about the holiday season.
9. Get into some good books you've been wanting to read this year.
10. Plan the ultimate New Year's Eve celebration!
Happy holidays to all my readers, and see you in 2014!