The 6th Annual National Youth Week takes place the first week of May to improve the lives of young people in Peterborough.
"These initiatives are aimed towards uniting all youth from across the City of Peterborough and showing them the value of youth's empowerment within the community and the voice that represents them," says Ricky McDougall, Chair of the Peterborough Youth Council.
- May 1st: The Bridge Youth Centre - 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. - Drop in for Games, Art and a Free Snack
- May 2nd: Free Movie night at the Peterborough Library - 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Free Resume Workshop - 4:00-5:30 p.m. at Employment Planning and Counseling on Simcoe Street
- May 3rd: Twoonie Swim - 6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. at Peterborough Sports and Wellness Centre - $2.00 for youth ages 10 to 21
- May 5th: FREE Youth Bike Repair Workshop at Community B!KE - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Drop in to their shop at 336 Rubidge St. New parts will have a cost.
- May 6th: Free Dodgeball Tournament - From 5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. at the PCVS Gym
- May 7th: Blue Sky - FREE - 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. at Nicholl's Oval Park
[Contributed by PtboCanada's Evan Holt]