Get ready country music fans, because on Wednesday, April 26th, Old Dominion is bringing a country music party to the Memorial Centre! Below are 13 great reasons why you’ll want to catch this awesome band on their first visit to Peterborough.
2. They won “New Vocal Duo or Group of the Year” at the 2016 Academy of Country Music Awards, which is like the country Grammy’s.
3. Location, location, location... There isn’t a bad seat in the PMC. The show set up is intimate with the stage set up toward the north end of the arena.
4. This is called the “Meat and Candy Tour”….what a combo!
5. Kira Isabella, who has opened for Carrie Underwood on her Canadian leg of her mega successful "Blown Away Tour", is the opening act!
6. Tickets are awesomely priced at $47.20-$60.60 (plus applicable taxes and services fees)
7. The Old Dominion bandmates are all into writing. They’ve penned some for such megastars as Kenny Chesney, Dierks Bentley, Blake Shelton and The Band Perry, and they often perform these songs at their shows.
8. This is their first time ever touring through Canada on a tour that will eventually lead them to the United Kingdom after extensive shows across the U.S.
9. If the Brad Paisley show at PMC in February proved anything, it’s that Peterborough knows how to throw a country party and the Mem Centre is an incredibly intimate spot to catch a show!
10. Old Dominion have been nominated for Vocal Group of the year for the CMA's.
11. This is your chance to catch a country act on the rise who you’re going to hear for years to come.
12. This is a great chance to break out your cowboy boots and hat! Get your country groove on as the entire floor is General Admission. Dance away!
13. Both Old Dominion and Kira Isabella are Boots and Hearts alumni, which has close ties to Peterborough.
For more info on the PMC—Entertainment Lives Here!—and this event, see below: