Meetings are a crucial part of organizational leadership…Even more important are the minutes of those meetings. Minutes record Board decisions and it is vital that they are clear, concise and accurate. This seminar will help minute takers to understand their role and responsibilities while learning effective minute taking techniques.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
• Understand the role of minute taker and how to work effectively with board chairs
• Develop and practice skills in active listening and note taking
• Develop and practice writing minutes in various styles
• Understand Rules of Order and their impact on minutes
• Develop action plans in response to meetings
Your Facilitator is: Cathy Berges
Cathy has over 25 years of leadership and management experience,
with a background in Organizational Development and Strategic
Planning. Cathy has a Certificate in Departmental Management from
the Canadian Hospital Association and a Certificate in Management
from the Ontario Hospital Association.
Date: November 16th, 2017
Location: Lion’s Community Centre (347 Burnham St. Ptbo)
Register online: https://peterborough.snapd.com/events/view/1049294
Visit our website for more information: www.uwpeterborough.ca (How We Help -> Training & Consulting Services)
Our Upcoming Events section is brought to you by Patrick McAuley of Bowes & Cocks LTD Brokerage.