Students and alumni of Fleming College will have the opportunity to learn about pursuing further education at the second annual Education Pathways Fair.
The event, which is open to the public, provides an opportunity for students and graduates to discover education pathways both within Fleming as well as with the College’s many Ontario, Canadian, and international partners.
“Our purpose is to provide clear and accessible pathways, giving our students enhanced opportunities to move between programs and institutions to reach their educational goals. This event is a significant part of these pathways opportunities,” said Susan Kloosterman, Fleming College’s Director, Academic Planning & Operations & Student Pathways, Academic Operations.
“The Education Pathways Fair allows Fleming students and alumni to ask the critical questions to respective institutions about programs, scholarship opportunities and on-campus supports,” added David Adam Baker, Fleming College Business Intelligence Analyst/Pathways Coordinator.
The fair will take place at both Frost and Sutherland campuses on Jan. 31 and Feb. 1 respectively.
More than 25 universities, many with articulation agreements with Fleming, will be on-site to provide information about how to use a Fleming certificate or diploma to earn a degree in less time and less cost. These include Ontario’s University of Waterloo, Queen’s University and University of Guelph as well as University of New Brunswick, University of Northern British Columbia, IT Sligo in Ireland, Griffith University in Australia, and Robert Gordon University in the United Kingdom.
Fleming will also feature information about its post-graduate and advanced standing programs that add specialized skills to a college diploma or university degree.
Here are the event details:
Tuesday, Jan. 31
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
200 Albert St. S., Lindsay
Wednesday, Feb. 1
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
599 Brealey Dr., Peterborough
For information about Education Pathways, contact Business Intelligence Analyst/Pathways Coordinator David Adam Baker at 705-749-5530 ext. 1268 or e-mail email@example.com. Please see below for a full list of exhibitors.
About Education Pathways
Fleming has many articulation and credit transfer agreements with Ontario, Canadian and international post-secondary institutions. Each articulation or credit transfer agreement defines admission requirements and the recognition of credits earned through a Fleming College certificate or diploma program.flemingcollege.ca/education-pathways
About Fleming College
Located in the heart of Central Ontario, Fleming College has campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg and Haliburton. Named for famous Canadian inventor and engineer Sir Sandford Fleming, the college features more than 100 full-time programs in Arts and Heritage, Business, Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, General Arts and Sciences, Health and Wellness, Justice and Community Development, Skilled Trades and Technology, and Continuing Education. Fleming College has more than 5,800 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, and 71,000 alumni.
List of exhibitors:
- Fleming College – Alumni Relations (Sutherland and Frost)
- Fleming College – Recruitment (Sutherland and Frost)
- Acadia University (Sutherland and Frost)
- Algoma University (Sutherland and Frost)
- Brock University (Sutherland)
- Cape Breton University, Nova Scotia (Frost)
- Carleton University (Sutherland)
- Griffith University, Australia (Sutherland)
- Institute of Technology, Carlow, Ireland (Sutherland)
- Institute of Technology, Sligo, Ireland (Sutherland)
- Institute of Technology, Tralee, Ireland (Sutherland)
- KOM Consultants (Sutherland)
- Lake Superior State University, Michigan (Sutherland)
- Lakehead University (Sutherland and Frost)
- Limerick Institute of Technology, Ireland (Sutherland)
- McMaster University (Sutherland)
- Nipissing University (Sutherland)
- Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer (ONCAT) (Sutherland and Frost)
- Queen’s University (Sutherland and Frost)
- Robert Gordon University, UK (Sutherland)
- Royal Roads University, British Columbia (Sutherland and Frost)
- Ryerson University (Sutherland and Frost)
- Trent University (Sutherland and Frost)
- University of Guelph (Sutherland and Frost)
- University of Guelph-Humber (Sutherland)
- University of New Brunswick (Sutherland and Frost)
- University of Northern British Columbia (Frost)
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology (Sutherland)
- University of Toronto, Scarborough (Sutherland)
- University of Waterloo (Sutherland and Frost)
- University of Windsor (Sutherland)
- Vancouver Island University (Frost)
- York University (Sutherland and Frost)