OMG -- LOL (Parents, you'll relate to this...)Read More
So that longstanding rivalry between our Peterborough Petes and Oshawa Generals just got even more real folks.
Watch the video below the Gens made taking aim at the Petes. We can't wait to see the response from our hometown Petes! In the meantime, maybe send No. 19 in our list here to the Gens—with no roses.
You can take the person out of the Peterborough but you can't take the Peterborough out of the person. Here are signs you're from the Patch...
1. You were on an episode of Campus Quiz
2. When someone asks you where are you from, you yell "Peterborough!!!!!"
3. You wear plaid. Lots
4. You have at least one kid named George, Hunter or Charlotte, and King was under consideration until your partner from out of town nixed it
5. You totally rock out at any party more than anyone else, no matter where you are in the world
6. When you see a canoe, you get extremely excited
7. When you tell someone you're from Peterborough, they say "Home of the Peterborough Petes?"
8. You expect every zoo to have free admittance
9. You have a bunch of baseball caps in your closet, and they're all backwards because that's how you wear 'em
10. You like ketchup chips. Or dill pickle
11. When you see an indie band on tour, you assume they're from Peterborough
12. You have a Lakers or Petes jersey in your closet
13. You or someone you know has a George Elliott print hanging in the house
14. You expect all music festivals around the world to be free and amazing all at once
15. You own a "I'd Rather be in Peterborough" shirt
16. You are on a first name basis with your local weatherman.
17. You know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who is friends with Sebastian Bach
18. Someone in your family works at GE, Quaker or PRHC. And someone once worked for Outboard Marine
19. When you drive by Oshawa, you put the pedal to the medal and you stare straight ahead and just give'r
20. You cry whenever you have to leave Peterborough after a visit home
21. You didn't mind one bit staying home for college at Fleming or university at Trent
22. You know who Jimmy Lightshow is
23. You miss an epic bar called the Trasheteria
24. You love poutine
25. When you see a field, you think Field Party
26. You know what a peanut race is and have won many of them
27. You are a pool shark because you trained at Pappas Billiards against the best during your high school spares
28. One of your first kisses was somewhere along River Road or Armour Hill
29. You've been interviewed by Stu Harrison
30. Your favorite tobogganing hill is at a Court House
31. You grew up with a lacrosse or hockey stick in your hand. Or one in each hand
32. You learned to skate on a canal
33. You sometimes have cravings for the french fries and burgers at Sneaky Pete's
34. You learned to dance at Copperfields or Clover's/The Rooster, and your ID was always legit because you knew the bouncers
35. When "Home for a Rest" comes on, you think of Peterborough
36. You have the cutest pets in the world
37. You have Quaker aromas on your old clothes
38. You hit your first double at East City Bowl
39. You've been to a wedding where the first song was "Mony Mony"
40. You have the best fishing stories
41. You learned to roller skate at Wheelies
42. You say sorry more than the average Canadian says sorry
43. You know someone that drove a Monte Carlo or Taurus, and you did donuts in at least one of them. And you have a truck
44. You know Gary or Pete Dalliday really well
45. When you see someone portaging a canoe in the downtown, it's no big deal
46. When a Led Zeppelin or AC/DC song comes on The Wolf, you rock out more than the typical person
47. No matter where you are in the world, it doesn't quite feel like home: Peterborough
48. You still claim the Royal Burger has the greatest burger ever
49. You've had a Mrs. Murney sucker
50. A mullet was your badge of honor in the 80s and into the 90s. You welcome the flow style though. Well somewhat
51. Your first hole-in-one ever was at Milltown
52. You know a Shaughnessy or a Young
53. You've danced on the bar at Spanky's or The Only
54. You know Koski
55. Your best friend's sister's uncle knows Dan O'Toole
56. You have slid down Parkhill or Weller in the winter in your car at least once, and it wasn't fun. Scarier than the coaster you rode at Wild Water & Wheels
57. You know everyone through one degree of separation
PTBOCanada.com is a proud sponsor of the amazing The Citiots Improv. Their next gig in Peterborough is Friday, July 25th, at 9 pm at Gordon Best Theatre (doors open at 8:30 p.m., and tickets are only $10). Go check 'em out. They are LOL funny. And to book them for your own function—they are getting more and more bookings around the Kawarthas—click here for info.