Hey entrepreneurs! If you’re looking to win almost $7,500 in prizes, meet amazing entrepreneurs, and kick your business idea into high gear, you’re in the right spot. FastStart Peterborough and the Trent Youth Entrepreneurship Society (TYES) are partnering again to present Cubs’ Lair 2017, a pitch competition for young Peterborough entrepreneurs!
This year, we’ve teamed up with businesses and groups across Peterborough to ensure that our finalists get the best feedback possible, and of course, that the winner walks away prepared to start their business! The competition finals will take place on Friday February 10th at the Gordon Best Theatre in Peterborough, where the top five will pitch their ideas to the judges.
- you must be between the ages of 18-29
- you must have an idea to start a business, or
- you must be in the early stages of starting your own business
- your business has been operational for under one year, or
- you have plans of expanding your current business offerings
- you must be a resident of Peterborough & The Kawarthas
How do you enter? Easy!
STEP 1: Head to the Facebook page and submit a photo that you think represents your company, write a short description of your company, and add your email address. The photo with the most likes will receive a $100 prize separate from the Final Prize Package. DEADLINE: January 20th, 2017
STEP 2: Submit a 1-page description of your business. Where do you fill it out? Scroll down and you’re there. DEADLINE: January 25th, 2017
THE TOP 5 FINALISTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MONDAY JAN. 30TH!
We’ll also be offering three workshops on business development, cash flow, and pitching – these are mandatory for all entrants. We will also be offering one-on-one sessions by request to help you prepare for the final night. You can RSVP for these workshops and request one-on-one sessions below; first come first serve.
Our distinguished judges are:
- Cameron Taylor, Founder & CEO, OUTDOORsmart!
- Catia Skinner, Co Owner & Strategic Planning Director at Mega Brand Experience
- Deanna Henry, Founder of Alchemy Co & winner of the first annual Cubs’ Lair
Lastly, you’re probably interested in the prizes. Who wouldn’t be? This year’s prize pack is valued at almost $7,500