Design Aspects for Jewellery
February 26, 6-8 pm
$30, members $27
This workshop is a combination seminar, visual presentation, and question & answer session. Participants will come away with a better understanding of what to look for when buying jewellery, and jewellery makers will be better prepared to make critical design choices when fabricating their own creations.
Topics covered in the seminar include the following:
- traditional and modern metals and their properties
- the Precious Metal Markings Act and use of makers’ trademarks
- precious and semi-precious gemstones and their properties
- insights into the jewellery industry
- pros and cons of manufactured jewellery and studio jewellery
- design aspects (scale, weight, form, function, etc.) for studio jewellers - the impact of CAD modelling and 3D-printing on jewellery
Participants are encouraged to bring pieces (or pictures) of jewellery they are curious about to the discussion.
The Art School of Peterborough
174A Charlotte Street