From as far back as my early teens in the mid-90s, people from friends and family to strangers on the street have told me I have a resemblance to Adam Sandler. This timeline works because it was around this time when Sandler was a big star on SNL and was branching off onto the big screen. From looks to personality, apparently we have a lot of similarities. Recently, my daughter—who isn’t quite 4 yet—was watching Sesame Street. The day’s guest was Adam Sandler, who has always been one of my favourites. When she saw him on the screen, she immediately told my wife that he looked like me. This further cemented the opinion, and I’m good with that!
Here are 9 distinct similarities I have with Mr. Sandler...
1. People assume that I’m hilarious. I’m slightly humorous. More situational comedy and quick wit than straight up joke telling! A Sandler strength.
2. He always gets the attractive girl! From Kate Beckinsale and Salma Hayek to Jennifer Anniston and my personal favourite Drew Barrymore, he is always with someone who is a league above—like I am with my wife.
3. We both love our grandmas!
4. Neither of us is particularly good at hockey. Golf on the other hand? Pure Champions!
5. We are both inexplicably loud at times.
6. Snappy dresser: check
7. Black sunglasses: check
8. Baseball hat: check
9. Overall good looks: double check
—by Adam Sandler, er, Aaron Elliott, Sales Director/Featured Post writer, PTBOCanada.com