The Peterborough Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Group (YPG) is a dynamic group of young business people working to expand their networks and develop new skills.
At the Chamber's monthly YPG events, they strive to bring together like minded individuals who share a passion and a commitment to continuous development, and a desire to help foster growth both personally and professionally within our community.
The YPG's events are open to young professionals in the community as well as anyone that wants to network with young professionals.
Below Are 9 Things You Might Not Know About The YPG...
1. YPG was originally called Club Laurus. (Laurus leaves were used in ancient Greeks to crown victors.)
2. YPG was built on the premise of triumph, victory and success for young business professionals.
3. YPG can be a great place to start building professional connections with the Peterborough business community, including the Chamber’s over 900 members.
4. The YPG was first formed in Peterborough in 2007, and will be celebrating its 10th anniversary next year.
5. The YPG Chair for 2016 is Chris Salmans from SunLife. Past Chairs have included Ben vanVeen, Jim Baird, Lacey Richard, Jason Chessar and Jef Dueck.
6. YPG offers 5 networking events, 3 CEO tours and is the coordinating committee for the Chamber Business Summit.
7. Former YPG Committee Members such as Pat Marren, Jef Dueck, Ben vanVeen, Joe Grant and Scott Mancini have gone on to be members of the Peterborough Chamber board.
8. Through its policy forum, YPGP has been a voice at the table on downtown Peterborough, jobs strategy, unemployment and how municipal services can be improved.
Join the YPG at their next event on Thursday, January 21st, 2016 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at The Venue for an evening of networking, Peterborough Trivia and an interview with PTBOCanada.com’s Neil Morton (a Chamber board member) on social media, business, entrepreneurship, community and more!
To learn more about YPG, go to their website and Facebook page. Use the hashtag #YPGPtbo and tweet at @PtboChamber on Twitter at events. To learn more about the Peterborough Chamber, click here.
Engage with us on social media on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stuart Harrison, CEO of the Peterborough Chamber, was welcomed by a snapping turtle at the front doors of the Chamber this morning (June 17th) and tweeted out this photo below. We're not sure if the turtle was thinking of getting a membership, but if it is boy is the Chamber going viral!
Stuart later tweeted that the turtle is now safe and sound...
[pic via @stoosnews]
One hundred and thirty Chamber member businesses are on display there, and it gives you a great opportunity to chat and network with them. So go chat and network with them.
Admission is free and the event is open to the public.
[Contributed by PtboCanada's Evan Holt]
Rocky's Cleaners celebrated their 50th Anniversary yesterday and were presented with a commemorative plaque from the Peterborough Chamber.
Rocky's is located at 651 Chamberlain Street and can be reached at (705) 745-9851. They are open Monday and Tuesday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Wednesday to Friday 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. They are closed Sunday.
This goes out to you Rocky!
[Picture by PtboCanada's Evan Holt]