Tired of the same old song and dance on date nights? You’re probably not alone. There is only so much Netflix worth watching before you find yourself watching repeats. With that in mind, here are some date night ideas in Peterborough…
1. Get out and listen to some live music: Peterborough has some awesome venues around town— the Memorial Centre, Del Crary Park, The Venue, Market Hall, Showplace, the Garnet, The Twisted Wheel, the Historic Red Dog and more!
2. Pull out your dabbers because it’s time to play BINGO! Go in a big group to Delta Bingo on Clonsilla for a load of laughs or take your special someone for some intimate number calling action.
3. Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, a walk through Jackson’s Park is perfect during them all. This park is a gem in our city and has some incredible scenery to take in. Take advantage of it!
4. Get out and chuck some axes at the Peterborough Axe Club! Get out all of your pent-up frustration and aim for the bull’s-eye at this incredibly fun facility. Like it so much on your date that you want to play again? They have a lot of league options—and they’re licensed!
5. Take your date to new heights with a night out at the Rock and Rope Climbing Centre. Combine a unique physical experience with a tough mental challenge to find out what you and your partner are really made of.
6. Cheer on a local sports team! The Peterborough Petes and Century 21 Lakers provide a lot entertainment all under the iconic Memorial Centre roof.
7. Visit the Canadian Canoe Museum and take part in an artisan workshop. It might not be like the romantic pottery scene from Ghost, but coming out with a paddle or pair of moccasins you made would be kind of cool.
8. Bundle up and strap on your skates in the wintertime for a skate on the canal! (Make sure the Green Flag is up because nothing sounds like more of a date ruiner than falling through the ice.)
9. Dinner out—and dancing! Somewhere downtown. For its size, Peterborough seemingly has more amazing restaurants, cafes, pubs and dance clubs per capita than almost anywhere else.
black honey cafe & gerti’s Pub
10. Try out your problem solving skills at the Escape Maze. Fun is the name of the game in their challenging interactive game rooms.
11. Take a stroll along the paths and check out the animals at Riverview Park & Zoo! Go for a ride on the train during its seasonal schedule, and then show your daring side by riding down the super slide.
Peterborough's Brandy Aston turned The Big 30 on Monday (April 27th). She's single, and didn't have a date.
So her ex-husband Matthew—the father of her children—stepped up bigtime as you'll see from her FB post below...
"Having children with someone builds an unbreakable bond," Brandy tells PTBOCanada about her ex, and his kind gesture. "To know that through all the chaos and stress this world can throw at us my children have this incredible man as their role model is the most satisfying and encouraging thing in my life."
And here is what Matthew had to say about "the date" on Brandy's Facebook post...